Thought I’d share these pictures. I still love her rooms 8 months down the line, some changes have been made like the bed lowered etc
The bed, changing table / chest of drawers and wardrobe are all VIB.
Wallpaper is Dunelms Dumbo range.
Feel free to comment if any questions! Hope you like it 💗
Nokkrar myndir af herberginu hjá dóttur minni. Allt keypt hérna úti.
After 5 weeks of taking baby in and out of the car I struggle to see how people managed before the isofix. I genuinely do. The car seat method is something I can’t understand!!
One click in and push a button to get the seat and baby out.
It’s also proven to be a lot safer .. win win!
That was all.. if you don’t have one and your car has isofix – get it! It’s very worth it!
Ps. If your car doesn’t have isofix do a bit of research online to see if you can get the part fitted. I paid £60 for an isofix bar at the Mercedes garage as my car didn’t have it already in. So instead of getting a new car (this really did cross my mind) I fitted the bar onto the bolts that were hidden behind the seats.
Best £60 ever spent
Mæli svo hiklaust með Isofix base-i ef bíllinn ykkar bíður uppá það. Mér hryllir við tilhugsuninni að hafa þurft að spenna stólinn endalaust með belti undanfarnar 5 vikur! Minn bíll var ekki með Isofix en því var léttilega reddað með því að kaupa Isofix hlutann, festa hann svo á boltana sem voru faldir bak við sætið. Ég vissi ekki að það væri hægt fyrr en ég fór á smá google leitar!! Einfaldlega rölti inní Mercedes varhlutasölu og labbaði út með það sem þurfti.
Our beautiful daughter was born on the 4.1.17.
Mom and baby are very well and are enjoying these first days getting to know each other.
I’m getting to know that she likes to be up during the night and then sleep during the day, hence why I’m writing this at 2am.
These first days have been wonderful and challenging at the same time as to be expected.
I promise more posts soon!
Já dóttir okkar kom í heiminn 4.1.17 og eru fyrstu dagarnir heima búnir að fara í það að kynnast þessum nýja einstakling. Hjartað springur af ást á meðan að þessir fyrstu dagar eru mjög krefjandi á sama tíma.
Lofa fleiri færslum bráðum!
I had no idea what to pack in mine but I got some great advise from friends and online. I will list below what I packed and why. I used this weekend bag from River Island – it is still very slim as I struggled to close it but it does the job.
- Hospital bag – I found that hand luggagesized bag was too small and a suitcase is too big.
- 4 Black pants – the colour is self explanatory, if you give birth naturally there is a lot of bleeding. I bought mine two sizes above normal as well because I hate normal pant fit (I call them grannies) and I need them to be loose so I will even consider putting them on. These will also work if you have a section as the top will reach your belly button seeing they are too big.
- Maternity sanitary towels – I was told to take at least a pack as you will need it.
- Nursing bras, sports bras.
- Breast pads.
- Toiletries and hair brush – I packed a travel size shower gel, shampoo and conditioner that I took home with me from Stobo castle. No I have no shame. I also packed foundation and mascara to be able to freshen up a little. Moisturiser.
- A towel and face cloth.
- Hair brush and hair bobble.
- Lip balm.
- Support pillow.
- 3 pairs of jammie bottoms in a dark colour for obvious reasons.
- 2 black vest tops
- A cardigan
- A long hoodie
- Dressing gown.
- I also put away an outfit to put on when I go into labour and go to the hospital so I am not looking everywhere in the house for something to wear when the time comes. Just plain black joggies, black vest top and a cardigan.
- Two sets of “going home outfit” as you never know the baby might have an accident in one. A baby grow, a cardigan and a vest. Baring in mind its winter.
- 2 wrap over vests.
- Scratch mitts.
- 2 Muslin squares.
- 2 Newborn nappies.
- Cotton wool.
- 1 cosy outfit if you need to stay a bit longer in hospital, joggie bottoms and a top.
- 1 winter onesie, feet attached and a hat.
- Car seat and blanket.
- Joggie bottoms for partner
- Snacks – nak´d bars, chocolate, crisps.
Ég tók saman lista yfir það sem ég pakkaði í spítala töskuna. Ég fann tösku sem var stærri en handfarangur en minni en stór ferðataska fyrir allt!
- 4 svartar nærbuxur, blessaða ömmu sniðið sem ég hata, sem ég keypti tveimur stærðum of stórar.. bæði svo þær nái alveg uppá nafla og ég er með ofnæmi fyrir þeim þegar þær gera rassinn að 4, skerast svona.. þú veist. Ef þú endar svo í keisara að þá ná þær svo hátt upp fyrir ofan skurðinn.
- Pakka af dömubindum.
- Gjafa haldara.
- Hreinlætisvörur.. svitalyktareyði, sjampó og hárnæringu. Hár bursta, reykur og spenntur. Létt meik og maskara af því að ég vill getað aðeins fiffað mig ef ég vil.
- Handklæði og þvottapoka.
- 3 dökkar náttbuxur, af augljósum ástæðum.. blóð og annað.. jebb.
- 2 svartir síðir hlýrabolir.
- Létta peysu og síða hettupeysu.
- Ég tók líka saman outfit til að fara í þegar allt er komið af stað og við á leið uppá spítala svo ég væri ekki að leita út um allt að einhverju til að fara í.
- Tvö heimferðar sett, þá undir úti fötin.
- Tvær samfellur.
- Litla hanska svo hún klóri sig ekki.
- 2 gjafaklúta.
- Bleyjur og bómul til að skeina.
- 1 auka outfit ef dvölin á spítalanum dregst eitthvað.
- Útigalla og húfu.
- Bílstólinn og teppi.
- Kósýbuxur fyrir Mikey svo hann geti verið huggulegur bara.
- Snarl – súkkulaði, nak’d stykki og annað nasl.
Finally finally finally after 2 months of debating we could agree on a pram to get. It is beautiful and very practical – the perfect match!
The frame has great basket space, which was very important to me and the tires are perfect. The detail is gorgeous with rose gold metal work everywhere. It is a navy blue color to go with the name “Midnight Edition”. The two colors go beautifully together and it is stunning and very unique. It was made as a special edition and therefore there were only made a certain amount of them. The store we bought it from only stored 10 to give you an idea. They had even fewer accessory packs that we got as well that had a gorgeous Midnight footmuff, Midnight liner, a screen and car seat adapters.
The pram is so easy to fold together and you can put it together with one hand, which was one of the things I wanted it to be able to do so I could hold the baby in the other hand. You click the handle down and it fold together, then you pull the strap in the basket and that is it!
It comes with a carry cot and a seat as well for when she gets older which both click on and off so easily. I will let the pictures speak for themselves! Am I the only one tempted to take a teddy out for a walk?
Við vildum vagn sem væri auðvelt að setja saman og með ágætis körfu, auðvitað varð hún að vera falleg líka. Vagnstykkinu er svo hægt að skipta út fyrir kerrustykkið mjög auðveldlega. Liturinn er æðislegur og allir detailar gullfallegir, dökkblár or rósagullið spilar svo fallega saman! Þessi vagn var framleiddur í takmörkuðu upplagi og heitir þar af leiðandi Special Edition – Midnight Edition.
Ég get ekki beðið eftir að sporta þessari!
I thought it might be a good idea to introduce myself and what my vision for the blog is.
I am 27, Icelandic living in Scotland. I work full time in travel and I love that sector, I also studied Travel and Tourism. That is all about to change as I start my maternity leave very soon! Yeah I have a little bambino growing due to arrive on Christmas Eve. I am engaged and happily living with my fiancé in Central Scotland in our beautiful home. (wow hormones make me very mushy lovey dovey .. )
I can’t believe I just typed lovey dovey
As you can see I am very easily distracted.. but hey thats just me..
I will blog about everything that comes to mind. Interior design, pregnancy, pictures that I draw, motherhood, home tips and tricks, my life and lifestyle.. There might be a recipe or two sneaking in here mixed with recommendations traveling in Iceland and Scotland.
As you can see a very broad genre, if this is even a genre? Isn’t that used to describe music? Anyway..
I try to be active on social media so please follow me on there!
I have the Viking Connection which is travel tips for traveling in Iceland and Scotland, if interested please follow me there -> @thevikingcon
I have my personal Twitter account -> @sandra_gn
Instagram of course -> @sandraogna
Snapchat is my absolute favourite -> sandraogn
You can in contact by all of the above or drop me an email email@example.com
Thank you very much for stopping by and I hope you like what is to come.
xxx Icelandic Sandra